FAQ

Information and scheduling for local Pathfinder Organized Play.

Moderator: Nuit Eternelle

FAQ

Postby Nuit Eternelle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:23 pm

FAQ

Q: Where do I get started? What resources are available to me to start my road into Pathfinder Society Organized Play (Regdar)
A: Fell free to look at this thread all information for new players and how to start will be situated here.

Q: Who is that masked man? (Regdar)
A: Talking about the masked man gets you resurected as a flumph.

Q: Where does a Game Master get Pathfinder Number cards for their players (Capricornus)
A: When going to paizo.com go to the Pathfinder Society link on the top left. Select My Pathfinder Society. Select the tab GM/Event Coordinator. Scroll down until you see PAthfinder Society Cards. Select reserve Ten More Pathfinder Society cards and then select Download Pathfinder Society Cards.

Q: A player has participated in several scenarios and has multiple chronicle sheets. Are the items on those sheets always available to purchase or only right after the scenario it belongs to? (Capricornus)
A: Always available. The only different is that some items are limited and will be noted as such. They will say "limit" beside them. Once they are bought once, they cannot be bought again. Whatever items do not have "limit" can be bought as many times over.

Q: Where on the Chronicle sheet should it list resources on my character sheet (i.e. owned already, not items found during play) that I spent or used during the session? On the Items sold section (with no money gained) or elsewhere? (Zuran-Alda)
A: Any items used, or charges depleted would be tracked on your character sheet. Part of this is the honor system. Anything that would involve you acquiring after character creation, during play, or afterwards would be tracked on the sheet after that particular scenerio.

Q: When I run a session, and apply the credit for doing so to my Character, do I print out and sign my own Chronicle Sheet? (Mordhait)
A: Yes.

Please fell free to ask your questions, if they are deemed to be added to the FAQ they shall be added and your post deleted. Any questions not pertinent to PSF will have it's own post created, and discussed if pertinent.
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder. - Tad Williams
Nuit Eternelle
Greater Force Ooze

Re: FAQ

Postby Zuran_Alda » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Where on the Chronicle sheet should it list resources on my character sheet (i.e. owned already, not items found during play) that I spent or used during the session? On the Items sold section (with no money gained) or elsewhere?
Dungeon Bastard wrote:High-level characters run roughshod over the unwashed masses all the time. And that is by design. It's not just Darwinian. It's Gygaxian!
Zuran_Alda
GD Executive Member

Postby Nuit Eternelle » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:58 am

answered question in first post. Will delete posts after a week or so.
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder. - Tad Williams
Nuit Eternelle
Greater Force Ooze

GM Credit + Chronicle Sheets

Postby Mordaith » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:57 am

When I run a session, and apply the credit for doing so to my Character, do I print out and sign my own Chronicle Sheet?
Mordaith
Brown Mold

Postby Nuit Eternelle » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:26 pm

answered and will wait a week to delete post.
Nuit Eternelle
Greater Force Ooze

Postby Mordaith » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:35 pm

Where do I find my sessions played on the Paizo website. I'm itching to see the three sessions I played at Hal-Con attributed to my character, but am unsure where I can go to see them.

Pt 2. Is it possible to check other players Sessions on the website?
Mordaith
Brown Mold

Postby Rar » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:33 pm

http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/events#Canada-1

Can you please put this link in a "sticky" threat? (Maybe replace the "Times and Places" thread with just this link.)

It takes me 5 minutes poking around Paizo's site everytime to find this page again. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Rar
Greater Force Ooze

Postby Godrey » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm thinking on coming to the January 19th Pathfinder Society game at MCL to check it out.

I've played pathfinder , and D&D in general for 10+ years, but my group has dwindled away.

I honestly hadn't heard of this outside of a convention, and never got a chance to see what it was all about. I'm going to hopefully get some reading done on it this weekend.

Is there anything specific to the Pathfinder Society game at MCL that I should prep for, or preference to creating characters before vs. in person.

If any of you have attended and give me a heads up, either on here, or PM that'd be great.

Happy gaming
Godrey

Postby Nuit Eternelle » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:28 pm

All you need is dice (but not necessary if you do not have any, I have tons to share) and read this thread viewtopic.php?f=117&t=7709

There's no preference on character, play whatever you like, following the rules of creation as per the document listed in the above tread.
Nuit Eternelle
Greater Force Ooze

Postby Godfrey » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Perfect, Thank you for the response ( to both threads )

I'll get to read and creating.
Godfrey
Brown Mold

Postby Nuit Eternelle » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:05 pm

test
Nuit Eternelle
Greater Force Ooze

Return to Pathfinder Organized Play