Encounter 46: Green Dragon

Wineandcheese's 5e Campaign

Encounter 46: Green Dragon

Postby wineandcheese » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:22 am

Continued From:
http://www.gelatinousdudes.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=100203#p100203

The Party has returned to the ruined tower in Thundertree,
where they attempt to throw chains over the exposed roof.

At the moment there is one rope and one unfastened chain
spanning the opening of the tower.

Initiative order
Winch 21
Dragon 21
Mehesh 18
Maul 11
Last edited by wineandcheese on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wineandcheese
Greater Force Ooze

Re: Encounter 46: Green Dragon

Postby wineandcheese » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Round One!

Initiative order
Winch 21
Dragon 21
Mehesh 18
Maul 11

R1: Winch

Winch will enter the building and knock on the door to the tower. He'll call out to the dragon;"Lord Dragon! It's is I, Chadwick Broadshanks, Milord! I have come seeking an audience with your Greatness."

R1: Dragon

"A captive one at that!" The dragon responds, "How dare you interfere with my slumber for a second time!"

The dragon slinks up the stone wall poking it's head out of the rooftop and inspecting the rope and chains draped across the opening in the tower.

R1: Mehesh

The rogue hammers away with great strength, digging his pitons into the cracks of the towers stone wall.

One side of the first hooked chain is installed.

R1: Maul

Maul watches as the dragon slinks along the walls with ease, clawing at the rough stone with his long golden green claws. With the creature heading towards the rogue, Maul goes into a barbaric rage, howling at the top of his lungs as he releases his grip on the chain. Running across the edge of the exposed tower, the Half-Orc leaps through the air, throwing himself towards the big green lizard in an attempt to land on it's back. Misjudging the distance, Maul lands a few feet short of his target, falling forty feet to the stone floor below!

Managing to tumble onto his feet, the raging barbarian only takes 6 points of bludgeoning damage from the fall!
wineandcheese
Greater Force Ooze

Re: Encounter 46: Green Dragon

Postby wineandcheese » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:59 pm

quick summary of encounter:

Winch kicks the door in to the tower, where he finds Maul on the ground after trying to jump on the dragon.

The dragon attacks Mehesh while Maul runs back up onto the rooftop. The rogue goes out as Winch distracts the beast from easting his friend. Maul and Winch clobber the dragon as the rogue regains consciousness.

Continued Here:
http://www.gelatinousdudes.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=100209#p100209
wineandcheese
Greater Force Ooze

Return to Campaign: Lost Mine of Phandelver