Letters

Ash's MERP Campaign

Moderator: Ash

Letters

Postby lonewolf » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:09 pm

(Addressed to Harca Feormead, of Stoneford in the Weather Hills)

Mother.

Much has happened since I last saw you in the winter. I hope that you are well and that the summer in Stoneford has been kind.
I have stories that I will share when next I see you, for they are strange and long. But I am safe and well, though I have lost true friends and mourn them each day. The tides of war shift and carry us along, and we may even play our small parts.
I find myself in a peaceful place and vested with a modest treasure, and have set myself to build a home far south of you in the Angle, near Elnost and its bright tower. Near Elnost, and yet out in the countryside, for you know my affliction and why I may not easily dwell in the city. All will be safe, I promise it. My comrades all know of it, for they must, but they are true and will not reveal it.
This is a green and rich country, and the folk here are good. My greatest wish is for you to travel south and dwell here too, when our home is completed. You know well the Weather Hills are no fit place to live. As of yet, our homestead is but a dream, but the land is being cleared as I write. If you wish it, I will travel northwest in the autumn to bring you back with me. Please write again to me, and let me know your wish. Will you bring the beasts, and our small family treasures? I can bring a wagon, or send one.
Have you had tidings of Father? I have had none since winter, but I believe truly he still lives. We have a unique blood bond, Father and I, and I would know if ill had befallen him, I am sure of it. Nevertheless. I worry.
Keep well.
Your daughter,
Eowa Tor
lonewolf
Brown Mold

Re: Letters

Postby lonewolf » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:50 pm

Mother.

I told you in the summer that Dispar is peaceful. That was true until most recently, but with the coming of autumn, much has changed here. The Northrons who were invited hence to protect the Angle arrived in greater numbers than was expected, a thousand strong, and you know Northrons. Father, indeed, is of Northmannish nature.
I am writing this quickly, for it is late in the night. The culmination of a day of madness, of a dark murder and unrest and rioting in the town, is the death of the governor Elasander, to whom I swore loyalty. Truly, it was his largess that invested me with the lands that Tor Hall now stands on. I owed him much and did my best to save him, but he died nonetheless, slain by an assassin. he was a good man.
The land is at a crossroads, and whether peace may yet be made or the Northrons overrun the soft folk of the Angle I know not.
I do not know how to advise you, whether to come or to await further news. At this time, we few who hope to keep the peace are much taxed with duties we did not seek as we try to sort this tangle out, so I may not come to you.
Tor Hall is small and neat. The open hall and its hearth will be welcome come winter, and there is ample room for storage. Though we had no time this season to plant crops, land is cleared in preparation for next year. We have room for our small number of livestock. The neighbours, too, are kind and will welcome you.
I await your message.

Your daughter,
Eowa Tor
lonewolf
Brown Mold

Return to Campaign: MERP-Rolemaster