Bring Back Huge Dragons! (Pre-painted minis)

A forum for discussion of RPGs and RPG Aids (pre-painted miniatures, etc.).

Bring Back Huge Dragons! (Pre-painted minis)

Postby snaggle2th » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Ahem. I feel like griping.

One significant change that happened in 5th Edition D&D was that both Giants and (adult) Dragons got a size upgrade from Large to Huge. (At least, this is a significant change if you collect minis for the game.) WotC/WizKids have released several Huge (and a few 'nearly huge') giants, with more to come in the Monster Menagerie 3 set. It took a bit to get used to, but now I quite like it, and have traded away most of my Large giants.

But what about the dragons?? The last official D&D Huge dragons were the Blue & Copper in Lords of Madness--in 2010!! That's not a single Huge dragon in the Icons of the Realms line in almost 8 years. Pathfinder carried the ball for a bit, but they only released three, and the last was in 2013--until the Clockwork Dragon this year, so, uh, four I guess.

To add to the weirdness of this blind spot, in the same time period, D&D have released 5 Gargantuans, with 5 from Pathfinder.

With the Attack Wing game dead, we can hopefully get away from pegs, and get back to dragons on bases. Ideally, they would start with the Silver and Black. While we're at it, it would be great if Pathfinder would finish off the Dragon Evolution line for the chromatics, and--since I'm dreaming--extend it to the metallics.

Bring back the Huge dragons!!
snaggle2th
Gelatinous Cube

Re: Bring Back Huge Dragons! (Pre-painted minis)

Postby Zuran_Alda » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:26 pm

snaggle2th wrote:it would be great if Pathfinder would finish off the Dragon Evolution line for the chromatics, and--since I'm dreaming--extend it to the metallics.

Bring back the Huge dragons!!

Hear, hear. Those Dragon Evolution sets were great.

And every GM knows there is no such thing as too many Huge dragons so yeah I would like to see some more of these.
Dungeon Bastard wrote:High-level characters run roughshod over the unwashed masses all the time. And that is by design. It's not just Darwinian. It's Gygaxian!
Zuran_Alda
GD Executive Member

Re: Bring Back Huge Dragons! (Pre-painted minis)

Postby banana samurai » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:15 am

Agreed, an evolutions set for the blue would make my 2018!!! Still kick myself for not getting the Gargantuate/Blue back in the day though!
...all right who do I have to kill around here to get a level?
banana samurai
GD Executive Member

Return to Roleplaying Games