Mastering Mastering GM Discussion Group (Meets Monthly!)

This forum is for announcing events like Meet Ups, Conventions, Game Days, Pub Nights, UFC gatherings and the like

Re: Mastering Mastering GM Discussion Group (Meets Monthly!)

Postby caperbear » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 pm

i'm all for some Halcon prep, though after this month i imagine we'd do our usual summer hiatus
Ohhhhhh! So suddenly Miss Goody Four Shoes over here doesn't kill anymore. She killed me not five minutes ago! What am I, chopped liver?
caperbear
Gelatinous Cube

Postby CrashAtlantis » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Well, the thing is, what's usual? We actually didn't take a break last year, we few just kept going and it went well. I plan on being there June 28th, same time as usual. I have a list of topics or, depending on who shows, we can talk Hal-Con. Either way, I'm looking forward to it!
CrashAtlantis
Ochre Jelly

Postby Malkari » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Sorry haven't been to the last few, other things got in my way. I won't be able to make the June one either as I have a family BBQ, I may show up after 8 though for a short bit.
Malkari
Green Slime

Postby CrashAtlantis » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Good evening y'all! There will likely not be a July gathering due to schedules being all over the place this month. If there are a group who are interrested, please say so, and things can be arearranged, but we figured with smaller numbers lately, it was best to cut July out for now.

However, there is A LOT of plans being made for Hal-Con, and we're looking for interested game masters who want to run games. Please register at the Hal-Con website if you're interested. Also, feel free to get involved here too!

Cheers!
CrashAtlantis
Ochre Jelly

Postby bonelock » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Is the discussion group starting up this Fall?
bonelock
GD Executive Member

Postby CrashAtlantis » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:34 pm

That is unknown at this time. It's something we have to discuss at some point. With people's varied schedules, we were not getting a decent turnout in the past few months. We will see after the Con.
CrashAtlantis
Ochre Jelly

Postby CrashAtlantis » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Hal-Con ROCKED!!!!

ahem... now that that was said... I have had several people ask me at the Con if Mastering Mastering was going to start up again. Personally, I'd love to see it go again. The trick is scheduling and location. Just us Cafe became too busy, frankly. It was hard to secure space there near the end. Second, and more importantly, scheduling seemed to be difficult.

Of course, I realize that not everyone can be pleased. But if we could get a group to commit to a certain time, then we might have something. After much brain-exploration, I'm looking at getting a room at Quantum Frontier, it's right up their alley for events to host. I'm opening this to anyone interested in sharing ideas about game mastering - drop a message here and let me know when you think a suitable time to meet would be. Like before, we'd be looking at once a month.

So, what do you say?
CrashAtlantis
Ochre Jelly

Postby Zuran_Alda » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:31 pm

Well I never had a chance to get to any before but I would definitely make a concerted effort if it started up again. It is a subject I enjoy speaking about immensely.
Dungeon Bastard wrote:High-level characters run roughshod over the unwashed masses all the time. And that is by design. It's not just Darwinian. It's Gygaxian!
Zuran_Alda
GD Executive Member

Postby orcdoubleax » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:07 am

i also will try to attend as many events as possible.
orcdoubleax
GD Executive Member

Postby caperbear » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:48 pm

my schedule is a lot more stable than it used to be so any evening is usually good right now.
Ohhhhhh! So suddenly Miss Goody Four Shoes over here doesn't kill anymore. She killed me not five minutes ago! What am I, chopped liver?
caperbear
Gelatinous Cube

Postby CrashAtlantis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Hear Ye! Hear ye! Here we go!

After some consultation and research, it looks like we have a new venue to try. I'd like to propose meeting once a month at Quantum Frontier on Robie Street, on a Saturday from 2:30 - 5 pm. This time frame allows people to get things done early on Saturday, as well as leaving their Saturday nights still open. The last Saturday of each month seems like a decent day to gather. Quantum closes at 5 on Saturdays, FYI.

We'd be meeting upstairs, and perhaps sharing some space with some other players, but it shouldn't be crazy. I suggest we begin in the new year, as Christmas is just around the bend, unless y'all want to give it a shot and get together on December 29th.

Another option is still meeting on Thursday nights as Quantum is open until 9pm. I have to admit, I personally prefer the Saturday option for its flexibility and other options.

Having spoken with some fellow Gel'Dudes and Hal-Con gamers, we could have a very busy and interesting topic schedule with various presentations as we get closer to next year's Con. Exciting stuff!

So, what do you think?
CrashAtlantis
Ochre Jelly

Postby caperbear » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 pm

huzzah!
caperbear
Gelatinous Cube

Postby Malkari » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:26 pm

I think Saturdays are quire doable. I may even be able to make a trip on Dec 29.
Malkari
Green Slime

Postby CrashAtlantis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback Malkari! But at this point, we're still looking at January 26th for our return to the dark side. Looking forward to meeting you!
CrashAtlantis
Ochre Jelly

Postby CrashAtlantis » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Hey there all interested bodies and souls! Mastering Mastering returns to life on January 26th at Quantum Frontier! We're gathering from 2:30 - 5pm. Bring your ideas, questions, and humour; let the dice and good times roll!
CrashAtlantis
Ochre Jelly

PreviousNext

Return to Events