Roleplaying 101 by Hal-Con July 6

This forum is for announcing events like Meet Ups, Conventions, Game Days, Pub Nights, UFC gatherings and the like

Roleplaying 101 by Hal-Con July 6

Postby bonelock » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/464884213602998/

Hal-Con is hosting an introductory session to pen and paper roleplaying games this Sat., July 6 at Quantum Frontier. 11am- 6pm. Admission is FREE! Hal-Con's vet game masters will be running short 2-hour sessions of new and classic rpgs. Lots of help will be available to create characters etc.

Planned games include:
Marvel Super Heroes (TSR)
Pathfinder
Spirit of the Century
Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space
D&D Next
Eclipse Phase
Scion
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 3rd Edition
bonelock
GD Executive Member

Re: Roleplaying 101 by Hal-Con July 6

Postby bonelock » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:35 pm

I know we are mostly experienced players on these boards but this is a good opportunity for even vets to try something new. Got some friends who are curious about rpgs? Maybe you want to introduce your kids to the fascinating world of rpgs? Young players welcome! So bring 'em on down!
bonelock
GD Executive Member

Re: Roleplaying 101 by Hal-Con July 6

Postby caperbear » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:14 am

i wound up running my Heroes for Hire Scenario and then i did a totally improv x-men adventure thats somewhat baffling story (alternate universe magneto pops in outta no where b/c the N'Garai were attempting to collapse the multiverse into something more to their liking) got meta-explained as some hastily written x-men story Tom Defalco decided to throw into an X-men annual back in the 1990s.

the second scenario featured one of the most dickish interpretations of Charles Xavier. a dash of Dr. Thaddeus Venture, i'd say.
Ohhhhhh! So suddenly Miss Goody Four Shoes over here doesn't kill anymore. She killed me not five minutes ago! What am I, chopped liver?
caperbear
Gelatinous Cube

Return to Events