Frostgrave

For discussion about Warhammer, Warmachine, Battletech, Wings of War and any other miniature wargames!

Frostgrave

Postby MiniWarFreaK » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:16 pm

Are there any ppl playing Frostgrave in or around Halifax/Truro?

For those that don't know, it's a skirmish game built around your wizard, apprentice and warband. It is best played as a campaign. Your wizard and apprentice gain lvls and you can equip them with loot you find or buy with the gold crowns you find during the game. You equip your wizard with a number of spells from different schools of magic. When your Wiz lvls you choose more spells or get better at casting the spells you already have. So any D&Ders that can't get the time to D&D might find this to be a good game to still get their fix ;-)

Cheers,
MiniWarFreaK
Green Slime

Re: Frostgrave

Postby snaggle2th » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 pm

You left out one of the selling points--although there is an official miniature line, the rule set is not tied to it, so you can use whatever minis you like.

I picked up the core rule book recently, but have not dug too deep into it. I would be interested in a test drive sometime.
snaggle2th
Gelatinous Cube

Postby Zuran_Alda » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:07 pm

Now that makes it a much more appealing aspect.

I think I must do some research.

I would also be interested in giving it a test drive as well.
Dungeon Bastard wrote:High-level characters run roughshod over the unwashed masses all the time. And that is by design. It's not just Darwinian. It's Gygaxian!
Zuran_Alda
GD Executive Member

Postby snaggle2th » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:16 am

Book's cheap. $23.78 for the hardcover right now on the Chapters site, with free ship to store. They also have four supplements, also available from Chapters (online only), each in the $20 range. Haven't checked those out yet.
snaggle2th
Gelatinous Cube

Postby MiniWarFreaK » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:41 am

All great points! Thx guys

I have the rule book and first supplement; Thaw of the Lich Lord. A 10 scenario campaign
MiniWarFreaK
Green Slime

Postby Redgar » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Has anyone been playing around with this system so far? If so, thoughts/impressions?

It is sounding a bit like the old Chainmail minis game from WotC, for which I greatly enjoyed the campaign system... .

I like the BYOM aspect, too (a chance to put my Bones to good use, perhaps).
Redgar
Gelatinous Cube

Return to Table Top Games