Gamer Want Ads

LF Players or Game? This is the forum for you!

Moderator: Dalcassius

Re: Gamer Want Ads

Postby Savageek » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:30 am

Hey, my boyfriend and myself are looking to join in on a dnd 3.5e, 4e, 5e, or Warhammer, dark heresy or black crusade campaign. If anyone is looking please let me know, we can travel very easily. He is well versed in role playing as I am not but willing to learn more!
Brown Mold

Postby Redgar » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:48 am

Greetings, and welcome to the Boards!

Where are you located? (I'm assuming Halifax, but able to travel further afield?)

Have you considered checking out the Pathfinder Society (1st and 3rd Sundays of the month, Monster Comic Lounge, starting at noon) and/or D&D 5e Adventurers' League (Saturdays at MCL, starting at noon)? In addition to providing drop in/out play and a quick and easy start, they can be good opportunities to meet local gamers (and for other players/GMs to get to know you, too)!

Best of luck in finding a table soon!
Gelatinous Cube

Postby edoublec » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:35 pm

I'm a 40 year old guy looking to get into a D&D game. I used to play years and years ago, so i would consider myself to be new to the game. I'm a non-smoker, located in Hammonds Plains but I have my own car and willing to meet in Halifax.

I'm a father of young children so weekends are mostly busy. I can do a weekday night every other week... Please message me if you are looking for a new player.
Brown Mold

Postby whackamole » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:31 pm

hi all, just putting this out to see if anyone around the hubbards area or maybe farther would want to join a ragtag group looking to spend a saturday wondering around the realms.

Looking for 1 or 2 players to join a new campaign.

The sessions will be just outside Hubbards once a month on a Saturday that works for everyone. The game will start around 11:00 am and run till 10:00pm

It will be 5e with minor house rules. The campaign will take place in Forgotten Realms mainly for the maps and gods.

Looking for mature players who are easy to get along with, not into power gaming, and willing to grow your character into a hero. A background story is needed.
Brown Mold

Postby FosterChild » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Hello everyone, I am looking for a 5e game willing to accept a new player as I have actually never played before but that's only due to a lack of other players. I myself am located in Bedford but am willing to travel pretty much anywhere and can always host assuming others are willing to travel to me.

If anyone is interested or has a game they don't mind me joining please email me at

Thank you! :)
Brown Mold

Postby FlyingTaco » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm looking for a D&D 3.5 game and a good group of mature players. I've looked into other D&D editions and Pathfinder, but none of really them clicked with me. Just wanted to get that out of the way so nobody suggests Pathfinder Society or D&D Adventurers League.

I've only ever played one session due to lack of players, but I know the rules really well so you won't have to teach me. I don't have any experience with the roleplay aspect, but I'm willing to give it a go. I get nervous around new people so I probably won't say too much for the first session. I know how to behave and try my best to be patient, but I get annoyed by excssive off-topic discussion and people not paying attention. I'd prefer drinking and smoking to not be allowed at the game.

I prefer hardcore games, high magic, and a good mix (50-50ish) of combat and non-combat encounters. I have no tolerance for control freak DMs or players. I like to make strong characters but I know how and when not to take it too far. I'm okay using pre-written settings (I have a small amount of knowledge of Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, and Eberron), but I'd prefer to avoid using modules. Allowing non-core source material is prefered.

I'm 19 and live in the Hubbards area. I don't know how far I can get a ride, but I'm assuming no further than Halifax. I don't know for sure what times I'll be available, but I know I can't do Wednesdays or Thursdays.

If you think you're willing to put up with me send me a message. Please let me know about your playstyle preferences and houserules ahead of time.

Thanks in advance.
Brown Mold

Looking for Group

Postby leeggodfrey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Hey all,

Mature player here, living in Halifax. Normally flexible for weekend or evenings during the week.
Experience :
3.5 for 6 years
Pathfinder for 5-6 years
5e for 3 years

My preference is to 5e or Pathfinder game.

I currently run a 5e game, but am looking to join a game to play in. My old group has fallen apart due to people moving and family requirements making scheduling difficult for some players.

Reply or e-mail if you know of a game.

- Lee
Brown Mold

Postby Remus_82 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:23 am

Looking for a Pathfinder group

I have been a huge fan of pathfinder for a few years now, and just finished up my last pathfinder campaign a few months back with a few work colleagues. Sadly, due to rl stuff we lost a few players and I haven't been able to put a full group together since, I currently have been working on a pretty epic campaign over the last few months in my spare time and would love to dm for a new group if possible ...or frankly, just playing would be fine as well.

Pathfinder 3-5 years, very experienced DM
D&D 5+ years

Looking for a weekend game on Sat or Sun, I live in Dartmouth and have another friend who would also be interested in joining a new group.

Email :

- Michael
Brown Mold

Postby Redgar » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 am

Hey Michael,

Welcome to the Dudes, sorry for the slow reply!

Have you, perchance, heard of the Pathfinder Society, Paizo's organized play program?

We run ~twice a month, in Dartmouth (Portland Street Superstore). We have found for our current group that Monday nights, starting at 6:45 PM and wrapping at 10:30-11:30, work best. There may be some flexibility, however, if a critical mass (3+) players have other weekday nights that work.

PFS is a bit different than a home game, in that the narrative is typically episodic (ala a TV show rather than Mini-Series) and there are certain rules concessions to a healthy Organized Play environment (no evil characters, no crafting, no Leadership). I don't find these traits to be detrimental to my fun, however; if you are looking for an enjoyable way to get a ~biweekly Pathfinder fix amongst friends, we're here to provide same! :) (There's the added bonus that, if you travel and/or play online, you can play your characters anywhere in the world that PFS play is offered!)

You mention that you are an experienced GM *he says with a cunning grin creeping across his face* :) If you find that you like PFS play, and don't mind the little bit of extra paperwork/restrictions that come with running PFS modules, we're always on the hunt for new GMs to join our GM rotation (or to run games on other days/locations). We're happy to provide the adventures, if you're happy to run them!

Most discussion / scenario scheduling is done via the dreaded Book of Faces: . We also try to keep the event page ( updated with upcoming scheduled sessions.

If you are interested, the main PFS page with campaign information and such can be found at: . The Roleplaying Guild Guide is the main "campaign book", and can be downloaded from there.

Hope to see you 'round a table soon!
Gelatinous Cube

Return to Gamer Meet & Greet