Moving into region and was wondering…

New to the boards? Have questions? Start here!

Moving into region and was wondering…

Postby 7thPawn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Good afternoon,

I found out about the forum and wanted to post something as a hello, and to get more information about the RP community in the Halifax region. I am going to be in the region in the next few months, and didn’t know how easy it was to find a group to have fun with, and what are the more popular options in terms of games that were being run in the region.

Myself, I had been doing a lot of different games over the last while, including titles such as Rogue Trader (Warhammer 40k RPG), Fantasy AGE/Titansgrave, and even Star Trek (Using the LUG rules, but wanted to try the CORETEX rules set for it). I had wanted to even look at games set in the Firefly RPG, The One Ring, or the new Coriolis, the new Tales From The Loop, or even an old standby of Cyberpunk/Shadowrun.

All in all, I was just wondering what the community was like in Halifax, how it generally worked, if there was a usual standby(s) in terms of games, and even if any of the above might have held any interest in general. Anyway, enough of my babble. Thanks for your time and hope to hear from people soon.

Cheers
Greg
7thPawn
Brown Mold

Re: Moving into region and was wondering…

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Welcome. I don't think the country mm unity is that organized :). There was pathfinder society gaming going on, but other than that, mostly clusters of players, many of them long-established. This site has been used successfully to form new groups or recruit players to existing groups.
Ash
Arcane Ooze

Re: Moving into region and was wondering…

Postby Raptor2 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:03 pm

I am a major fan of LUGs version of Star Trek...welcome and maybe we should talk in the future.
that's What I do, I drink and I know things
Raptor2
Arcane Ooze

Return to Welcome